Raw Thyme Honey by Nature’s Blends comes from Greek countryside, where it is still grown with the same love and reverence it was thousands of years ago. For Ancient Greeks, thyme symbolized bravery and good health. They burnt thyme as incense and their medicinal manuscripts recommend it as a remedy for a range of ailments.
Raw thyme honey encompasses a unique flavor profile and an intense taste. Its beautiful color with light hues of orange, red, and yellow capture the very plant this honey is sourced from. Raw thyme honey is considered specialty honey because it is very rare.
Because thyme honey combines the nourishing properties of raw honey (one of the easiest superfoods to digest) with the therapeutic properties of the Thyme herb, it has a range of medicinal and culinary uses.
Size: 340 G
Color: Dark Amber
The list of thyme honey benefits is endless but here are the main ones you don’t want to miss out on:
- A wealth of antioxidants - raw thyme honey is loaded with antioxidants that protect us against free radical damage on a cellular level
- Anti-inflammatory - thyme honey contains thymol, a plant-based phenol that reduces swelling, inflammation, and irritation
- Relieves sore throat - the soothing properties of the spice coupled with its anti-inflammatory effect can counter mucous buildup, nasal congestion, cough and offer relief
- Anti-bacterial, anti-septic, anti-fungal - Researchers found that the phenols and other antioxidants present in thyme have anti-microbial properties
- Wound relief - aids skin repair and heals wounds, burns, superficial scars when applied topically
- Anti-allergenic -Thyme honey contains anti-allergenic compounds like Quercetin that prevent the release of histamine, offering relief during allergies.