Fir Tree Honey
Greek Fir Tree Honey, also known as Greek Pine Honey is a very rare and unique product. It is sourced from the fir grooves in mainland Greece and Peloponnese. Raw unfiltered Greek fir honey is difficult to find and harvest, which is why it is considered specialty honey.
Raw Fir Honey is a type of honeydew honey that is only produced from Fir trees. It is distinguished by its creamy highlights, thick texture, and a pleasant discrete resinous aroma. Since it is forest honey, it is packed with more antioxidants than floral honey varieties.
Fir honey is also the only honey that does not crystallize, even after years because it has low moisture and glucose levels (below 30%). It is also rich in essential minerals. Its low sugar content makes it suitable for diabetics and people with sugar metabolism problems.
Size: 340 g
Color: Medium to Dark Amber
Sweetness: Mild to Medium
Mildly sweet honey with a distinct and lingering taste. Fir honey is a bouquet of layered tastes and aromas - a gentle toffee sweetness with hints of spice and forest flora and a smooth pine aftertaste
Raw and unfiltered fir honey is loaded with plant-based antioxidants and trace minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, etc. It also contains a mix of health-promoting compounds that give it its therapeutic properties and unique flavors. Some of its benefits include:
- Anti-bacterial - fir honey has anti-septic properties because it contains hydrogen peroxidase, a potent compound that eliminates germs and disinfects.
- Antioxidant effect - fir honey contains phenols, flavonoids, and other compounds with antioxidant properties.
- Skin repair - cleanses the skin, unclogs pores, and combats acne. Can also be applied topically for burns and sunburn
- Low in sugar - an ideal sweetener for anyone who has diabetes or is watching their weight
- Improves digestive health - rich in natural sugar-based compounds that work as probiotics and support gut health
- Great for sore throat - since it is thick, fir honey forms a protective coating around the cells lining your throat and offers relief in cough and sour throat.